Ginseng is a type of herb that is mainly powdered into capsule and added on teas and other form of beverages. This herb is said to be the most popular Chinese herb. Ginseng is widely recognized for its use in traditional medicine. In fact, various forms of herbal products that are made with the content of ginseng are used for more than thousands of years. Generally they serve as a body’s rejuvenator. It belongs to panax genus family and grows in cooler regions.
The two common names of ginseng is Chinese ginseng and Panax ginseng. According to traditional Chinese medicine, each type of ginseng has unique healing properties. The American ginseng has cooling properties and it is used for treating fever and respiratory tract disorders. The Asian ginseng has heating properties which is used for circulation improvement. Moreover, ginseng has active compounds that are similar to steroid compounds and it is called ginsenosides.
The Benefits of Ginseng
- The ginseng benefits mainly focus in rejuvenating body’s cells.
- Ginseng is used to boost the body’s energy levels, reduce stress, enhance the memory, improve body’s performance and stimulate the human body’s immune system.
- Even the oriental medicine recommends ginseng herb in removing both body and mental fatigue, dissolve tumors, treat pulmonary problems and greatly reduces the effects brought by aging.
- This herb is commonly known to enhance the cognitive and concentration abilities of a person and restore memory.
- Ginseng benefits also include the increase in an individual’s stamina. Hence, men used ginseng to improve their sexual function and serves as a remedy to their impotence.
- Ginseng is also believed to increase women’s estrogen hormone which is necessary for treating menopausal symptoms.
- Ginseng helps in intestinal absorption on nutrients and it can minimize cell damage from radiation.
- This herb protects the liver from the negative effects of drugs, alcohol and toxins.
- Ginseng is an antioxidant and fight against cancer.
- It controls your blood sugar level and also helps in controlling diabetes.
- Ginseng has anti-clogging properties and helps reduce your cholesterol level.
- This herb can stimulate your immune system.
- Ginseng reduces emotional and physical stress.
- This herb is very useful for improving your memory.
- Ginseng is also useful for double vision, stress, gout, rheumatism, backache and headache.
- This herb is very effective for treating colds and coughs.
- Ginseng is also an effective cure for diabetes and anemia.
Uses of Ginseng
Ginseng has made its ways to people’s teas and foods. As a matter of fact, it is considered as one of the herbs that are well-known in the cooking industry. Ginseng is either sliced and placed into soups or often mashed and boiled. Ginseng may be added to rice while it is still boiling. Aside from this, it is commonly present in Asian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese foods.
A lot of people are using Ginseng for desserts and they really enjoy its benefits. If you are planning to buy Ginseng, Thaibestsellers.com is the ideal site you should visit.